Wednesday, July 11, 2018

How to learn from scratch

So after I was hired to run the branch office of the book company I was pretty much left on my own as to how to make it all work. Make it happen and you figure it out were the tow types of advice I got in various forms.

Well this suited me perfectly. Since my time in retail was mostly autonomous I didn't need handholding an coaching.

The strategy was simple at . first, the company would buy a list of school names and addresses and mail out catalogs. The only thing was the bozo's I worked for mailed the parent companies catalogs out off the same list. Their catalogs looked the same as ours and content was identical, except for the company names, addresses, info, and logos.  The only problem was that their company was offering 30% discount off list and we were offering 25% off list. They figure that the local market would order form us to save a few bucks shipping. Duh that made no logical sense, We were competing against each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...