Monday, June 21, 2021

Is good the opposite of perfect?

I am repairing one of my vintage shoes. I buy and rejuvenate quality used shoes I find on eBay.  On one pair, I accidentally scuffed the toe box very severely. I have worked tirelessly trying to repair the damage. I had meticulously polished those toe caps to a high mirror shine. They were awesome.


Now since the scuffing accident, I have been on a mission to repair the damage. Now I know leather by its very nature will not look perfect. In fact, the imperfections give leather its charm. But now, the quest is to restore the shoe to its former glory.


I have sanded, filled, buffed, dyed, and polished, then repeated the steps when the repair did not meet my standard of restoration. At some point, the process must be good enough. But where is that line?


That is the point of any endeavor, whether it is writing this blog or any other project or pursuit is how to know when to stop trying to perfect the thing and just let it go as is. 


I am sure this is why the great artists and musicians bordered on insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...