Back in the 70's most shoe departments were leased by big shoe company's retail divisions. Shoes were a better fit for this type of arrangement. The buying power and know-how of a national organization was superior to trying to do the special segment of retail in-house.
So I went to work for U.S.Shoe's retail division Cincinnati Shoe Company. I became the companies troubleshooter and development specialist.
This was a fantastic experience for someone in their early 20's in the '70's. I saw retail operations for the inside. I got to learn how to manage people as well as all the other areas such as merchandise display, add copy, human resources, sales, training and coaching and the variety of functions and skill sets needed to be successful.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do what you do best; we take care of the rest!
Solopreneur, you are in business to work ON your business, not IN it. You are the face of your business, and your face needs to be out ther...
-
Solopreneur, you are in business to work ON your business, not IN it. You are the face of your business, and your face needs to be out ther...
-
I am repairing one of my vintage shoes. I buy and rejuvenate quality used shoes I find on eBay. On one pair, I accidentally scuffed the toe...
-
The title is a quote attributed to Winston Churchill. Here is a good article from a few years back read it here: https://www.forbes.com/si...
No comments:
Post a Comment