Monday, October 1, 2018

Local networking groups

I have been doing local networking for about 6 months or so. My last gig was prospecting for an IT company selling managed services. I am not sure this was the right way to do that business. I did manage to secure a few strategic partners that could provide us with leads. I didn't get many qualified leads directly though. II did networking the right way. Doing one-on-ones and always trying to make sure that our dealings were win-win. I looked to be helpful and respectful. People buy from those they know like and trust. So in my dealings, I always followed Zig Ziglar's advice of getting what I want by helping others get what they want. I know these meetups take a long time to develop that level of trust and report to be effective. I am accumulating a lot of business cards. In the end, though I seem to have made plenty of connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...