Monday, April 8, 2019

A brain trapped

We have been living and caring for my mother-in-law who is 92 and has severe dementia. She does the crossword puzzle every day and the word search but she resets her brain every 5 minutes and asked where she's going to eat what she's gonna do and where she's at.It's been quite a 4 week study of the brain how it reacts to short term memory and long term memory.

After experiencing this and observingit, I'm going continue to doing a lot of brain games on my apps to keep my own brain healthy and take some vitamins.

Both my wife and I said we don't want to live in that state, but we don't know of any other ethical alternative.

Her husband comes home tomorrow from rehab. We can leave them in assisted living and return home.

We may be moving here to be closer to them in the final years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...