Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Life in the slow lane

The last blog I wrote was on Monday, May 11th. I was sitting down finishing my blog when we got a call that my 93 father-in-law had a stroke. They live in Kansas City so my wife and I had to hurry and pack everything and drive up that night from DFW.  He has a 92 year old wife with dementia. We had someone stay with her until we could get there. We packed as much as we could for an indeterminate amount of time and knowing that it's a 9 hour drive we couldn't just rush back for anything we need to pick up.
We have all the provisions that we need we've done well.

While he recovered from his stroke we moved the in-laws from the independent living part of the building to an assisted living part. We accomplished this while he was in rehab and in the hospital.  We also got to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary in rehab.

I don't anticipate too many folks will have 70th wedding anniversaries in the future considering the millennial generations attitude regarding commitment.

So we are staying and their apartment in the assisted living building we have some air mattresses and they have a second bedroom and a second bathroom so that made it tolerable.

In the last month living with all the elderly and infirmed people  in a place where time seems to have come to a halt, it makes you ponder values of your life and re-evaluate your life.

We have been so jerked out of our routines at home we felt that we were in some sort of freefall.  I keep singing in my head the song, " Time Keeps on Slippin Slippin into the Future".

But since we are a virtual company we had to learn to deal with things on the fly and it's a good lesson for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...