Monday, November 11, 2019

Seeing clearly

I had some laser surgery to clean up some cloudiness that resulted from some old cataract surgery. I remember at the time I had the surgery. I could see clearly for the first time in years. I had gotten used to seeing through a yellow haze. I didn't know how bad my eyes had become.

Life is like that sometimes, as well. We get used to seeing a certain way and don't recognize the need for clarity. 

Some examples are confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance, and outcome bias. There are two books that I recommend to help:


The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli


https://www.amazon.com/Art-Thinking-Clearly-Better-Decisions-ebook/dp/B00AJP267G


You Are Not So Smart: by David McRaney


https://www.amazon.com/s?k=you+are+not+so+smart&i=digital-text&crid=JE383A44HPOF&sprefix=You+are+not+so+%2Cdigital-text%2C184&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...