Monday, December 23, 2019

God bless us, every one!

I started with the title from the famous line in Dickens' "Christmas Carol," uttered by Tiny Tim. I watch as many versions of the Christmas Carol as I can find, its a tradition. I also must watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Miracle On 34th Steet.

What theme they all have in common is that the main point of one's life is to live in the view that being a person who lives for the greater good is better than selfish pursuit. Rember if Macy's didn't have the toy send them to Gimbles. The richest man in town is the one who has friends. Of course, no one wants Marey's chains.

My point is that at this time of year, its always good to reflect on what you give back and not what you receive.

Spoiler alert; Kevin saves the house both times, Cousin Eddy saves Clark, and Ralphie doesn't shoot his eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...