Monday, December 2, 2019

Some recommended reading

I took the time over the last holiday week to catch up on my reading. I read a couple of new books and re-read some older ones.

I liked Scott Adam's book. "Loserthiink." It reminded me a little of the book, "You're Not So Smart" by David McRaney. Loserthink was about how to escape the mental boxes and traps that invade our way of thinking. Scott offers a great deal of sound advice on how to train your brain. He knows a great deal about the subject. If you follow his famous comic strip Dilbert, you already know he's quite funny in getting his story told as well. I disagree with Adams on some of his hypothesizes, but overall, its a must-read for all those not wanting to get caught up in the tacts the media and society use to corrupt your thinking processes.

I re-read "Influence" by Robert B. Cialdini. Adams recommended it as one of his musts reads in his book. I don't need to say much more than if you want to be awsome with your people skills: devour this book.

I didn't re-read it, but another book along the lines of is a book I reviewed in an earlier blog, "the Art of Thinking Clearly" by Rolf Dobelli. I have the app on my phone that helps remind me of clear thinking techniques and strategies for certain situations.

Let me know what you think would be good books to add to the titles, as mentioned earlier.

Some Scott Adams links:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8J8YB6/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

https://www.scottadamssays.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...