Monday, January 13, 2020

Switch your thoughts

There is no room for envy in one's life. Now I believe most people agree with this on the surface; even though they still harbor it in their thought life. We all do its human nature. When I see a great looking car, elegant clothes, or anything else I covet that makes me envious.

Like Gordon Gecko in the '80s movie, Wall Street, where he said greed is good. He made that speech but with a twisting of the word greed. He used the word greed for aspiration. I could say envy can be good. But what does that mean? It means that envy can be replaced by appreciation. Wow, that is a nice watch he has. Instead of envy, appreciate what others have.

One final point. I believe in unlimited resources God had provided for all we need. Remember the lilies of the field and the sparrows. People who are most envious see a zero-sum game. If someone has something that means there is less to go around. Not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...