Monday, July 20, 2020

Keeping up is a full time job

In the last week, I had to build a website on a new platform, uploaded and edit a PowerPoint to a video, customize a database, and set up an email templet.

Keeping up with technology is a fulltime job. I have been using computer programs, apps,  and software since 1986. When smartphones came out, we were early adaptors. I recall my first smartphone was a Palm Centro. I was working at Radio Shack at the time. I specifically took that bridge-job so I could keep up with technology.

In the breakneck pace as soon as programs are developed, we have to learn how to use them. Some are user friendly; some are unfortunately not. Some programs require you to learn how to input data in them. Some you have to set criteria. In comparison, others interface with the programs you are already using.

I found out early on that the more skills and the more programs you learn, the more you can build on your knowledge base. As the tsunami of new applications hits, you can learn an adapt because the internet is there to teach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...