Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas, Covid, and Concern: 2020

I put my Plasticville set up this year for the first time in years. This is my train and village set that I put together over 20 years ago. I painted the little figurines by hand I didn't know at the time I had a Trump figure.



In a way, I guess it represents what we wanted to do Make America Great Again, just like the little 1960's village. Maybe some would say it's plastic, and that describes the phony or, as the Urban Dictionary puts it: definitionplastic. A materialistic, fake man or woman. In particular, someone who is attractive yet lacks any sort of depth whatsoever.


But trying to put a perspective on it, we were trying to create something. Coming out of WW2, people wanted peace and prosperity, and the children, "the Boomers," rebelled for a short time and then split. Some went left, and some went right politically. They both built their houses on the sand, as the bible says. 


Now the past failures leave us where we are in 2020. I'll pick this theme up in a later blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...