Monday, March 22, 2021

Being right and wrong at the same time

 Sometimes I am right to the point of being wrong. My pastor and my wife have admonished me in the last week of coming off as overbearing and maybe bullying and belligerent. 


I get so opinionated that sometimes my exuberance takes over reason and tact. Of course, I believe my opinions are right. If I didn't believe in them and still held them, I would be a delusional liar or a psychopath. Nowadays, when people don't believe in any objective truth, there is a third option. What is right for me is my truth, and who are you to tell me otherwise. This is nonsense.


I am so aware of the different dangers of informing options. I love Scott Adams's book on the subject: Loserthink. Loserthink: How Untrained Brains Are Ruining America.


We can suffer from confirmation bias and so many other epistemological fallacy's we can sometimes doubt our own cognitive reasoning powers. 


At the end of the day, I can only conclude that the Christian Scriptures, the 66 books of the cannon, is God's infallible, sufficient Word. Jesus told us you would know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 


My prayer is that I reign in my passion and zeal for the truth with understanding and empathy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...