Monday, March 29, 2021

Virtual networking burnout

 I'm beginning to suffer from networking burnout. I have been networking in person and virtually at various groups for about two and half years—the last year almost exclusively virtual because of the looney-lockdown. 


After hundreds of meetings and a box full of business cards, I feel I know many folks. I have made several friends and new acquaintances. I keep up with the folks I made a special personal connection with on social media. I also have many Linkedin business friends and contacts that I have made.


With all the hours spent in networking events and all the one-on-one's in follow-up, I have seen very little progress in actual business acquisition. I know all this takes time and investment in follow-up and consistent contact. But, I am beginning to think that it's not the best way to prospect for business. 


I have done everything the right way and have perfected my 30-second pitch, have a good report and demeanor. I know people buy from those they know, like, and trust, so I work on likability and gaining trust. The golden rule and helping others has been my focus. 

https://www.kellyservices.us/us/business_services/business-resource-center/employment-and-workplace-trends/how-to-avoid-networking-burnout/

Somehow I am now feeling burnout. I hit a wall and am seeing all this as just spinning wheels. Nothing tangible is happening. I am open to suggestions and would value the help of any successful networkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...