Monday, September 13, 2021

New stages

I turned 70 on Sunday. Wow! I remember as a kid listening to the song "Old Friends" by Simon and Garfunkle, the poignant words struck me, "how strange it must be to be seventy". Well, I am there now.

I feel great. I hit the gym a couple of times a week. I have some askes and pains but nothing major. My body takes a lot longer to heal when I do strain a muscle but I expected that, My mind is pretty sharp. I do daily brain game exercises that work different parts of the brain. 

I try to learn new skills every day. I am learning to touch type and reading regularly, to name a few. 

Now, is a time to make a final lap around the track. I want to finish the race strong. I pray like Apostle Paul.

II Timothy 4:6-8 NKJV

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

I want to finish strong and engaged in the fight. It looks like I am at the right stage of history to be in a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...