Monday, June 6, 2022

When the crossover is detrimental.

I have been a devotee of self-improvement/motivational/self-improvement books and material all my adult life. I am a constant learner and wholly believe in physical and mental self-care and improvement. However, I also know that our spiritual life is the essential discipline. 

These studies and disciplines bleed into each other. Man is a three-part being: body, soul, and spirit. So as unified as one is, these areas of life's studies seem to segment and compartmentalize. We should have a time for each. 

My problem is when religion and the other areas overlap. Like Yoga at the gym. Like self-improvement from the pulpit. The bible teaches lessons in all areas of life. But there is a difference in the focus. The messages sometimes bleed over, but sometimes they get deluded when they cross over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...