Monday, March 16, 2020

What, me worry?

As a kid, I adored Mad Magazine. The cover was adorned by the freckle face gappy toothed Alfred E. Newman. Most issues had the tag line underneath his picture, saying, "What, me worry?" I think this was popular because in the 60's we had a lot to worry about. There was the Cold War with the Soviet Union. Racial tensions were mounting, and political assignations were right here at home in the U.S.A.

I am reminded of those times as I look at today's headlines. We are panicking over a potential health pandemic. I don't know, nor does anyone else, how bad it could get.

We need discernment and prudence during this time. It is not unprecedented, but we have a current group of folks that never lived through tough times and real disasters. The younger people have no perspective on genuine hardship, in my opinion. Not that we "boomers" had it that bad either.

I pray we don't see the worst in each other. Already hoarders, looters, and price gougers are showing the fallen side of humankind. If we are getting insane over toilet paper, we are on the slippery slope to anarchy and chaos.

The upside of this is that we are getting our perspective on sports corrected, (they are not that important) in the grand scheme of things.

I have no reason to be flippant. I am pushing that age where iI should have more concern about the adverse effects on my health. I am not worried. I believe that whatever is transpiring is totally under God's control. He has got this. He says so many times in his Word that we are NOT to worry. It doesn't mean we are immune from all life's problems, but HE will see us through.  I know the skeptics' think I am nieve, but I have lived long enough and seen enough to know that the God of this Universe has his plans. We have prayer and a good God. What more do we want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...