Monday, June 1, 2020

If you 're going through hell keep going

The title is a quote attributed to Winston Churchill. Here is a good article from a few years back read it here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffloftus/2012/05/09/if-youre-going-through-hell-keep-going-winston-churchill/#5247f42cd549

I have to think that when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and all seems as bad as it can get, remember you are not alone. I faced these moments three times in my life, and I would like to share some advice of my own. 

Whatever situation you are in don't go it alone. The problem becomes compounded because when you are in this bad place, no one wants you to drag them down with you. Like the drowning person, they must quit struggling in order to be saved. If you are fighting and flailing at whatever got you in the dark place, let it go. Easier said than done, for sure. 

My understanding of hell from a Biblical perspective is that it is dark, hot, and lonely. It sounds like a "Back Hole in Space." Please don't go there for sure (see John 3:16), but when life seems to meets this criteria, turn it around. Do the opposite of what you're doing. 

Don't expect immediate relief. Living life in this place is like learning in a slow-cooker, not a microwave. You didn't get to this place all at once, and you won't climb out all at once. 

Embrace the moment of each day and say to yourself, "Someday, I'll look back at this experience and know I can keep going."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...