This annoying little pet peeve of mine raised its ugly head a few times this week. That peeve is when people want to qualify or introduce what they are about to say with phrases like; " I know this is going to sound....." or " I hate to say....". Then usually they proceed right away and do the very thing they said in the preceding statement.
Another twist is, "I don't mean to..." and you know darn good and well that is what they meant to say.
I don't mean to sound peeved, Yes I do. Stop it before I get infected.
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do what you do best; we take care of the rest!
Solopreneur, you are in business to work ON your business, not IN it. You are the face of your business, and your face needs to be out ther...
-
Solopreneur, you are in business to work ON your business, not IN it. You are the face of your business, and your face needs to be out ther...
-
I am repairing one of my vintage shoes. I buy and rejuvenate quality used shoes I find on eBay. On one pair, I accidentally scuffed the toe...
-
The title is a quote attributed to Winston Churchill. Here is a good article from a few years back read it here: https://www.forbes.com/si...
No comments:
Post a Comment