Monday, April 20, 2020

Love in the Time of the Corona

Back when I sold school books, I once sold a book called, " Love in the Time of the Cholera," by Gabrial Gracia Marquez. It won the Noble Prize and was a major movie. 


 I never could get into reading it, although the plot intrigued me. It seemed pretty dark to me. 

I now want to write a book about "Love in the Time of the Corona." It seems like a good plot. How about older retired boomer couple rediscover their passion again during this time they were self-isolated. After years of working and raising children, they are forced during this quarantine to rekindle the passion that brought them together many years ago. 

You ask why I am writing this on my business page. Well, I think that to be successful in any endeavor, one must explore things outside the boundary of the usual. Writing a romance novel is an excellent way to stretch your communication skills. 

I have taken this time to learn to code. I also took up learning N. T. Greek and practicing my keyboarding skills. 

I am reading books on Leonardo Da Vinci and Benjamin Frankin. I am reading to learn about men of many talents. I always described myself as a "jack-of-all-trades," but everyone said this was very negative because it follows master of none. However, the original quote is "jack-of-all-trades: master of but not one." It refers to men of the Renaissance and America's Jefferson and Franklin. 

I wonder too how they would have kept up in this age of rapidly increasing technology and ever-expanding learning curve. Compound that with all the distractions and sensory bombardment; its a wonder anyone can think anymore.

I try to take a few hours each week and unplug everything and just sit and think and observe: a lost art to be sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...