Monday, July 5, 2021

God bless America or will he curse it?

I watched the small-town middle-America fireworks last night. I was sad thinking that this is the last vestige of Patriotism left. Even so, some neighbors complained and carped about the noise on social media. They have a right not to be disturbed, you know. But, of course, there are limits. We used to have a neighbor in a rock band that practice until the wee hours of the morning. Unfortunately, our bedroom window was adjacent to their "studio." So as the good Libertarian I am, I asked them politely to keep it down or at least keep it to reasonable hours. But eventually, I called the police. Yes, they violated a city ordinance. 


We could all get along if we could act like reasonable adults. If we were all Christian or at least held to Christain values, life would be a lot better on this side of eternity. 


Back to my main point, a significant number of folks hate this country. I used to hate the phrase, "love it or leave it," but if you hate this country so much, find a better one: I dare you. 


It is like those folks who want a perfect church. If you find one, don't join it, it won't be perfect anymore. 


The hate America hypocrites will find something wrong with where ever they live. Some offensive statute, past indiscretion, or evil-doing of the former ancestors would be enough to set their hair on fire. 


God Bless America. But I am afraid we are incurring His curse. 

PS.

John MacArthur on the State of America

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...