Monday, October 11, 2021

Gentlemanly behavior and etiquette.

Here I will define gentleman in a generic sense. So yes, ladies, you can self-identify as a gentleman  (in this context) and still be a lady and a female as God made you. 

Polite and civil behavior seems to be out of fashion today. However, I don't know precisely when manners became passe. 

An especially disturbing trend is the common acceptance of profanity. Not only is it unbecoming, it just shows a lack of intelligence as well as good breeding. 

Rudeness is rampant in 2021. That can't be a good thing for our society. 

I grew up in Appalachia in a small industrial area it wasn't around a very sophisticated society. However, we were instilled with rudimentary manners. Howbeit we were not well-bred in the customs of polite society.

I am reading about and studying gentlemanly manners and hope to be a polished gentleman someday. But, in the meantime, I'll stick to being a nice reformed red-neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...