Monday, January 28, 2019

Great book I am now re-reading, Blah Blah Blah What To Say When Words Don't Work, by Dan Roan.

A little praise for Dan Roam's book. Needed now more than ever.

 Blah Blah Blah: What To Do When Words Don't Work by [Roam, Dan]

I had read this book back a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. I dusted it off and brought it out again when I was working on my elevator speech for my company, Your Office S.O.S. I gave two speeches on this last week one at my Toastmasters Club and another at my Thursday networking group Team Up.

The premise of the book is that there is too much meaningless chatter going on. Too many words being thrown around and we end up with too much information or not enough information. Raom addresses the hummingbird part of your brain and the fox part. Some might say the hunter and the gatherer. He walks you through the land of blah blah blah the world we now live in and helps us escape to the F.O.R.E.S.T. where you learn VIVID thinking, and you can go back to the land of noise with a clear and concise message and communication skills that effectively get the ideas and thoughts communicated.

In the social media day in which we live with all the chatter going on; we need to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...