Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Toastmasters: the underrated resource.

I had been a member of Toastmasters in the late '80s and early '90s. I recently rejoined and renewed my zeal for the great value it has in all aspects of life. I had initially thought I was doing this renewed effort to benefit my wife who really needing the experience Toastmasters brings. She was terrified to speak in front of people. She was apprehensive at first and soon found the nurturing atmosphere of the group comforting. She came a long way and is growing in her confidence and general demeanor before people.

I found that the new Pathways ( the curriculum)  that Toastmasters began using at the time I returned from my 27-year hiatus was very instructional and tailored to fit ones particular area of interest. I gave you a choice of what social and communication skills you wanted to focus on.

I highly recommend Toastmasters to anyone wanting to improve their interpersonal communication skills.  From the minimal cost of time and money, it is the best-underrated resource out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitioning (no not that lol)

 We are moving to a Word Press site, and this is one reason we haven't posted in a while.  I will be blogging at our new site and will c...